Have you been alone in Saudi Arabia and looking forward to having someone from your family here? As for coming years getting family visit visa have been made easy for all you emigrants.
There are some of the specifications that you need to keep in mind before going for the same.
Here below check out the essential things you need to know for a family visit in Saudi Arabia.
You can apply for either visit visa or permanent depending on Iqama/Muqeem professions that you possess.
If you choose permanent visa then you get the benefit of no hassles to renew it.
But for the visit visa, you need to get it renewed after 3 months. Also, there is a chance to get it renewed one more time i.e. for 6 months. But for the months of Ramadan and Hajj, there is no renewal. Last but not the lease you can only apply for family visit visa if your profession is a benefitted one.
Who All Can Come to Saudi Arabia
People whom you can invite to be with you in Saudi Arabia include your mother, father, wife, children, sisters, mother in law and father in law. You can invite them both for visiting or permanent stay.
Method to Apply
Here below you can know all that you need to apply for the same.
Vital Documents Required
- Original and valid Iqama/Muqeem of Saudi Arabia
- Passport copy
- Copies of passport of family members you choose to invite to Saudi Arabia
How to Applying Online
- Put your name in place of Kafeel while filling the application form.
- Go to the website: https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/.
- At top right corner choose a language of your choice.
- Click on Individuals and then Resident.
- Select the option of your choice.
- For visit visa, choose 90 days.
- Complete the form and click submit.
- Take a print out of your form.
Submission to Chamber of Commerce
Follow below steps to submit after taking printout.
- Do your signature and write the date on the form.
- Make sure there are signature and stamp of your sponsor on the form.
- Go to Chamber of Commerce where your employee registration is.
- Pay nearly 30 SR to Chamber of Commerce as a fee for applying for a visa.
- Receive print out from Chamber of Commerce after submission.
Check Application Status Online
Generally, a week’s time is needed for the whole process. Meanwhile keep checking the status online by following steps.
- Go to the website https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/.
- Select Application submitted to MOFA.
- Fill your application number, Iqama number and image code.
- Select inquire.
Submission of Approved Application to Saudi Embassy
- Send copy of your approved application to the family member you are inviting.
- Tell them to go to their nearest agent for next step in Saudi Embassy of your country.
Documents Needed for This Process
- Original passport of the visa applicant.
- Your Iqama copy.
- Your passport copy.
- 4 passport size photographs.
- A letter of authorization is required from husband if you are calling your married sister.
- Marriage certificate, passport copy and Iqama of your wife will be needed if you are calling your mother in law or father in law.
What if Application Gets Rejected?
It can happen that your application gets rejected for the first time for one or the other reason. You need to be patient and apply as many times till it gets accepted.
Expiry of Family Visit Visa
The family visit visa is designated to expire in a time of 3 months. So make sure you travel within the same time period.
Extending Family Visit Visa
- 90 days visa can be extended for 1 more time.
- 30 days visa can be extended for 5 more times.
Are you thinking to overstay?
This is completely illegal in Saudi Arabia and a heavy penalty is there for the same. In case you violate the rule you have to pay SR 25,000 on Iqama even if it’s just a day more from the last date of family visit visa. You only have to pay this as you are the sponsor of the family member whom you have called to stay.